Friday, August 19, 2005

Joy Juice

This week I have mostly been drinking Kick a Poo Joy Juice, actually I haven't, I'm too scared to, why would I? If I was to kick a poo I would be reluctant to extract the liquid from it, bottle it and call it Joy Juice. Perfectly acceptable behaviour in some of the seedier alleyways and back doors of Oxford St, but it just doesn't seem hygenic to with me. I am also a little puzzled as to what the Wanko store has on its shelves, I'm not going in without some sort of wet weather gear.
Well the 8 weeks of practice paid off, Singapore's 40th National Day went off without a hitch, not that we saw too much from the BBQ area of River Palace. The air show was noisy but brief, with an island 42KM accross surrounded by nervous neighbours there isn't much room to move before attracting a missile lock. In fact so brief was the display that the TV helicopter was the only flying thing visible for more than 5 minutes. We watched it intently for about 10 minutes before we realised it wasn't part of the show, we also saw a curious turtle in the River.
We managed to get off the island briefly a couple of weeks ago, we went to another island which was also small and hot. Perhaps it was the lack of shopping malls, but it was strangely empty for a piece of Singapore, hired bikes and dropped about 3 litres of sweat just working the kick stand. It didn't help when I broke the gear lever leaving me with 6th and 12th gear which seemed to also correspond the litres of sweat I was losing.
We moved into the new pad this week, which is excessively large and unusually decorated. Brightly coloured walls and patterned toilet seats appear to be following us around the world. But don't let that put you off visiting, plenty of room for all your bits and bobs and you too can bond with the freshwater lobster in loungeroom fishtank. I told Reidy whatever floats in the tank I'm eating.
Over and out

No comments: