Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Stewed Apples

This week I have mostly been in New York again, and this time it was stinking hot, in fact on par with Singapoo for hotness but I think actually a little more stinky. Because people don't wee in the subways in Singers. Mostly because you would get hung and then beaten with a stick if you did. I was very excited to not have to go to Warren in Jersey this time, I would imagine that place in the heat of summer would have done nothing for my already rock bottom view of that shit hole.
Surprisingly given this good fortune of being in the city, the aclohol intake and the shenanigans were kept to a minimum, possibly due to the work or maybe to the unavailability of my usual Jaeger bombers until the Friday.

Consequently spent more time wandering and also discovered my phone camera did panoramic photos, which kept me busy for a while.


One of the mo
re unusual things I managed to find was a George W Bush action figure for sale in the delapodated Hallmark shop. Apparently if you push the lapel badge he has 25 different things to say. I am a little skeptical about that, because that is 21 more than he has had in his one and a bit terms in office. But intrigued, I needed to know more and if you google George W Bush action dolls, you get a sponsored link come up that says: Talking George Bush doll Jesus & Pope John Paul doll & more are available at the Collectorsgallery Website . That I am sure George would be very happy about being referred to in the same sentence as Jesus, only if describing an action figure. It is a little disturbing that they also refer to Jesus as a Talking President, but it does speak twenty-five (25) unique and authentic phrases. This doll also comes complete with accessories and a biographical pamphlet.
What a crazy place the US is, not to mention a little third world occasionally. Queens was without power for 8 days straight while I was there and when they finally did restore power they managed to then black out large sections of Long Island
So I bid farewell to this silly place by drinking more Jaeger shots than was really necessary and left the States with yet another monstrous hangover.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bit jealous of all your gadding about so I'm glad you wrote about the stinkiness of NY, you can keep it.

Thanks for keeping me entertained for a while on this quiet Saturday.