Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Perfect Skin

This week I have mostly still been enjoying Indonesia's gift to the region; smoke. Loads of it in fact, and something the locals are taking advantage of by claiming respitory illness related to the smoke haze. Singaporeans are not very good at coping with any form of illness, a faint hint of a sniffle and it is quickly escalated as fever and before you know it half your team is off with fever. The opportunity for taking some time off work is spreading like wildfire, which is ironic as it is wildfire that caused it in the first place.
I was a little disturbed to receive a postcard featuring Zoe Tay a Mediacorp artiste, actually everyone to do with selling any stupid beauty or vibrating product seems to be a Mediacorp artiste. Can't say I have ever seen them, which isn't surprising as I don't listen to local radio or watch local tv. Logically as Mediacorp is owned by the government, then these people are actually public servants, but I guess it would be more difficult to sell a product promoted by Zoe Tay, Public Servant. However, that wasn't what disturbed me, what disturbed me was Zoe's secret to beautiful skin; she swallows. That is quite an interesting piece of information, but I'm not sure of the relevance to beautiful skin and wouldn't she be better rubbing it all over her face?
Singapore is a small place and I perhaps shouldn't have been surprised to once more bump in to Sandeep Highpants, who was mentioned back in January following his mean guitar session at the Crazy Elephant. As it turns Sandeep is not an accountant but a project manager and one who started working with us a few weeks ago. Funny old world innit, as is this photo taken back in January at Sandeep's performance.

No comments: