Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Unusual Carnival

This week I have mostly been a little surprised, not a lot just a little, after all this is Singapoo and surprise is moderated. I was first surprised last week when I had a root canal done and found it to be almost enjoyable. I was surprised because I could watch a movie on a little screen worn on my head while a bloke in a white coat rooted around my roots in my gob. I was also surprised to find I enjoyed the movie Volcano, but that possibly could have been down to even a stupid movie being more enjoyable than having a root canal.
Then was surprised to find I was due at a seminar that was at the same hotel that George Bush was staying at. I was surprised that the 10 minute journey from home took 30 minutes and was surprised I need to be searched and x-rayed and searched and x-rayed just to get in the door. I was further surprised a few days later when I discovered George was on his way to a wizards convention. But I was not surprised how stupid John Howard looked, nor was I surprised how stupid he sounded; "Howard, in Hanoi for an Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum summit, told reporters he found some of the developments in Iraq inspiring" What a tit.
But the thing that really did surprise me a lot this week, was the apparent fervent embracing of the legalisation of sex in the botty or administration by mouth. We didn't actually make it to this carnival, but it sounded interesting and maybe just a little inspiring. Those crazy Singaporians.

No comments: