Monday, September 05, 2005

Grey Goose



This week I have mostly been drinking. Actually it wasn't this week it was last week but I am calling it this week. Not content with last Friday's hangover we went and got three more by Monday. Interestingly not only is Singapore well set up to provide you with the means to go and get yourself a really good hangover. This place also caters for the hungover, you can have McDonalds delivered to your house 24/7. I only had to roll off the couch get to the door and roll back again and I was soon back in my own filth with a remote in one hand and a burger in the other. Unreal. What was also slightly unreal was meeting a Chinese man called Barry, which is how we ended up with Saturday morning's hangover. So impressed with Emma's chest was he and his mate Vincent that they began providing us Grey Goose vodka shots every in what became a fairly intense session.
Saturday night was a comedy night with some thankfully imported comedians, having seen the way the locals chortal at the lamest of jokes in the movies a local comedian would have been a case of Force Vomit. Which incidentally is the name of a local pop band who's name is far tougher than they are. But I digress, Saturday we drank some more and ordered McDonalds delivery again, this time to the pub. Then Sunday we pressed our best hemp clothing and went to the WOMAD world music extravaganza. Not typically my area of interest but it was one of the rare times you could drink in the park here withouth being hit with a stick. Heading off for a nightcap seemed a splendid idea at the time, but wasn't I in a state on Monday.

I briefly thought I had managed to solve my hangover breakfast issues; I found a pie shop that also sold Italian coffee. However my euphoria was short lived as my eyes and ears gradually focused on an alarming number of references to Jesus. It was on statues, wall plaques, postcards and in the background music. The pies were good, the coffee ok but I have not been back to the Happy Clapping Pie shop since for some reason.

Over and Out

No comments: