Sunday, October 30, 2005

Broken Things

This week I have mostly been breaking things or had thing broken for me without my permission. Last Friday night I came home from a very hectic session at China 1 and woke up fully clothed on the bed early Saturday morning, got up for a wee and then went back to sleep. Then I woke up to the sound of running water and found the toilet cistern had a massive crack in it and was gushing water everywhere. What the bloody hell happened there? I have no idea and am open to suggestion as to how that might have happened. Then we get a letter from the body corporate saying that out toilet is flooding the BBQ area. I don’t particularly like the toilet when I am in it and I am sure the people burning sausages downstairs are none too delighted about the odd turd emerging nearby. On the upside it is Halloween tonight and there is a party down there so we will be constantly tricking the party goers with poo. So now we are down to 2 toilets.
This is also a little untimely as one of the other things I have managed to break is my knee. Well not really broken but it's sore, the GP said it was Housemaid's knee, but the surgeon I was referred to said it was jumper's knee which I am little happier about. Haven't been doing too much jumping of late though, my knee is too sore. He perscribed some anti inflammatory medicine and then gave me some other tablets for the gastric I was going to get. Bit weird going to the doctor and being perscribed a dose of bum wee, but it is getting better and I'll soon be jumping like an overjoyed housemaid before you know it.
Last Saturday it was Octoberfest and Singaporians dressed as Germans doing the duck dance is quite a sight. I was a little dusty from the night before and didn’t manage to fully participate to the same level as Elliot who managed to drink half a pint with no hands and most of a full pint with his feet. Impressed the hell out of the locals nearby, but I didn’t end up liking them too much because they won the 42” Plasma screen and I didn’t.
Then to cap it all off some wanker broke into our PC, not entirely sure what they did but it broke a lot of stuff. They seemed to like Gomez though as the music files that are there as a backup only because music piracy is illegal, were some of the files accessed. I should have got someone who knows stuff about computers to fix it, but I had to make do with me instead and rebuilt it.
We have 2 public holidays next week, yippee. Annoyingly they holidays are on Tuesday and Thursday, but I will take what I can get. The upside of this is that the holiday on Tuesday for deepavali the Hindu festival of light which is also Melbourne Cup, very considerate. Deepavali is one of the biggest events in the Hindu calendar the Indians in my team at work were bemoaning the lack of fireworks allowed in Singapore for the event. It must be mayhem in India. With the clocks shifting for daylight savings that means we will need to start celebrating Melbourne Cup at around 11:00am, I’m sure we will cope.

You can subscribe to this blog site for email updates by sending a mail to the address below:
mailto:livinginsing-subscribe@yahoogroups.com


No comments: