Saturday, October 08, 2005

Shop for Chops

This week I have mostly been working too hard, which is very annoying as it interferes far more interesting activities. The other Pinchie was in town this week and he was absolutley stunned at the amount of time he was expected to spend in the office. It is bordering on ridiculous, particularly when people organise meetings at 7pm on a Friday. I'm Australian for god's sake, if I am not in line of sight of a pub by 5:30 on a Friday I get a little twitchy. To make matters worse there isn't actually a pub in Tampines so I am twitchy anyway.
The good news is I seemed to have finaly finaly solved my breakfast dilemmas; kaya toast, not healthy but tasty. But this discovery came at the cost of another unfortunate incident at Han's the inept coffee makers accross the road. I asked for a toasted ham cheese tomato and this time no stinking cucumber. Toasted sandwich with no stinking cucumber they repeated back to me, yeah no stinking cucumber I said. Well bugger me if the sandwich didn't come back with no tomato and thick slices of rancid devil's helmet.
I have finally come to the conclusion that I am a victim of some sort of cucumber conspiracy and the people at Subway are in on it as well. I carefully explain I don't want cucumber or gherkins on my six incher (Subway is unfortunately is the best excuse for a sandwich at Tampines) and they equally carefully put them on. This by the way happens world wide and is not limited to Tampines in the Singapore heartlands. It turns out that plenty of other people hate the stinking stuff and also interestingly so do cockroaches.

I have always been a strong support of meat loyalty programmes and was delighted to discover that every $10 spent at Shop N Save = 1 chop. They've got my business, although it's not entirely clear if that is lamb or pork.
I have a sore head today due to tequila so am going to retire to the couch. Reidy is back next week... hoorah.

No comments: